Canadian visa assessment and communications are not done by the embassy or the high commission. There are only two pathways for an international student to apply for a Canadian study permit outside Canada: 

  • Online, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (CIC) website 
  • On paper, through a Canadian Visa Application Centre (VAC) authorized by the Government of Canada 

The process is guided and straight forward for individual application. All the forms and information that you need are available for free at, but if you decide to hire a representative, please always make sure that they are licensed and have a good working privacy policy. 

Please consult official information from CIC for all visa/permit related matters:

Did this answer your question?